Sandra Ní Chonaola
Phone: 778 323 9195
2010 – 2011
Animation Mentor.com, Diploma for Advanced Studies in Character Animation (Online).
Impro Australia, Sydney Improvisation Group.
Imaginism Studios’ Character Design Course with Stephen Silver
Screen Training Ireland, in conjunction with Boulder Media: Flash 101 Coarse
2003 – 2005
Ballyfermot College, ( ISA) Diploma in Classical Animation
1999 – 2000
Pearse College, Certificate in Fitness Instruction and Massage Therapy
Diploma in Advanced Character Animation (2011)
Diploma in Classical Animation ( BETAC 2005)
Diploma in Fitness Instruction and Massage Therapy ( BETAC 2000)
JAM Media Animation November 2013 – January 2014 Senior Animator (Three month contract)
• Traditional & CG animation on the BAFTA award winning series ‘Roy’, season three.
• Assist Directors and Supervisors in approval of shots.
Vancouver Institute of Media Arts April 2013 – August 2013
• Traditional and CG character animation instructor.
• Main Instructor for the Character Animation Summer Intensive course.
DHX Media (Formerly Studio B) February 2013 – June 2013
Character Layout/Pose Artist
• Character Layout on Disney Tv’s ‘Packages from Planet ‘X”
Nerd Corps October 2012 – January 2013
• Layout (Camera) and Character Animation on Disney Tv’s ‘Slugterra’
Jam Media October 2011 – September 2012
• Supervision of animation on the 2D television series ‘Tilly and Friends’.
Freelance Animator March – October 2011
• Icom Productions, Canada; Character Designer & Flash Animator on Telus Sales Project
• Teaspoon, New Zealand; Flash Animator on ‘Katie’ for ‘Cyberbully’
Magma Films May 2010 – February 2011
CG Character Animator
• Character Animation on the animated feature ‘ Legends of Valhalla; THOR’.
SLR Productions August 2009 – February 2010
Retake Animator for ‘Gasp!’ TV series.
• Fixing already animated scenes
• Animating scenes from scratch.
• General assistance to Director and Animation Director
ICOM Productions November 2008 – July 2009
• Concept and Design of characters, for online learning programmes.
• Creating Turnarounds, Model Sheets, Color and Clean Up for characters.
• Convincing Animation of Characters.
Chuck Gammage Inc. August – October 2008
• Flash animation on Promos and Development Projects.
• Digital Clean Up.
• Traditional Clean Up.
• Ink and Paint on Commercials.
FatKat Animation Studios May – July 2008
• Animation on the Three Delivery Series, using a traditional style of animation, with Flash.
• Digital Clean Up on the Three Delivery Show.
Boulder Media August 2007 – March 2008
• Animation on the Funky Fables production.
• Key Pose designer. I drew key animation poses for the animators to inbetween.
• Animation on the El Tigre Production.
Boulder Media February 2007-August 2007
• Design of characters & props, for the Funky Fables production.
• Symbolise, texturize, and prepare for animation the characters & props of Funky Fables.
• Create comps, for Characters, including mouth shapes, eye blinks and animated turns.
• Cleanup character designs for Disney’s Mascot Prep short.
• Creation of animated Mouth comps and eye expressions for Disney’s Mascot Prep.
Strandlooper Studios October 2006 – February 2007
Freelance After Effects Animator
• After Effects Character Animation on the Lifeboat Luke television series
Maya, Flash, Digicel Flipbook, Photoshop, Sketchbook Pro, Premiere Pro, Coral Painter
Most Supportive Student 2012, Animation Mentor, Graduating Class 21
Best Children’s Production 2009 Irish Digital Media Awards, Funky Fables ‘Bop Till You Drop’ Episode. Producer Jam Media.